Clutch Purse Pattern Class: Make This Clutch Purse With A Twist (Includes Pattern)
This class will teach you how to create a beautiful clutch purse pattern with a fun twist. Perfect for an adventurous beginner!
In this video, we will create a chic clutch purse bag with a zip closure and a unique, twist handle. This is a great project for confident beginners and advanced sewists alike. It is a great scrap buster and is fat-quarter-friendly. Make a few for yourself to match every outfit, or share them as gifts!
Skill Level: Adventurous Beginner (very much still learning but confident to try something harder)
Class Duration: 38 minutes
Includes Downloadable Pattern: Yes
Teacher: Connie Marie Lusto
Format: This is an online class. After purchase, your class will appear in your account area and you can watch at any time.
Supplies for the Clutch Purse Pattern
- Main Outer: ¼ yard (¼ meter) or fat quarter – Medium to heavy woven, no stretch
- Lining: ¼ yard (¼ meter) or fat quarter – Light to medium woven, no stretch
- Accent (for twist): ¼ yard (¼ meter) or fat quarter – Medium to heavy woven, no stretch
- Fusible Fleece: ¼ yard (¼ meter)
- Light to Midweight Interfacing: Up to ½ yard (½ meter) – OPTIONAL for any fabrics which need extra stabilization
- 14-inch (35 cm) zipper ( Longer is fine, can be trimmed to size )
- Basic sewing machine
- Appropriate sewing machine needles for your fabric ( I used a denim needle )
- Zipper foot
- Matching thread
- Iron and ironing board
- Scissors and pins/clips
- Measuring tape or meterstick and marking pen/chalk
- Hand-sewing needle ( OPTIONAL for finishing )
How do online classes work? Simply purchase, click on the link in your ‘My Account’ area and watch! You’ll find the class broken down into easy-to-watch chunks on the class page. Simply start with the first video and follow along. You can watch on any computer, tablet or mobile.
When will I get the pattern? You’ll receive a link to download the pattern immediately after purchase. If you haven’t received it, please check your spam/ junk folder. You can also find your patterns in your ‘My Account’ area.
What if I need help while sewing? Join our Facebook group and ask any and all the questions you have! We have a team of admins who know our patterns and classes inside-out and are here to help at any point throughout your RP experience. This wonderful community is friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to help! You can share photos of your RP sews, enter giveaways, get sales information, and new-release updates.