Embroidery Upcycling Class: Learn How To Do Embroidery Upcycling (Includes Pattern)
This tutorial will show you how to do embroidery upcycling on your clothes that will last you many years!
Learn how to up-cycling your clothing with this beautiful floral vine design. You’ll learn 5 great embroidery stitches which are great for up-cycling and will look great for years to come and not just 1 wash!
Skill Level: Beginner (start learning something new)
Class Duration: 34 minutes
Includes Downloadable Pattern: Yes
Teacher: Katherine Savage
Format: This is an online class for a embroidery upcycling. After purchase, your class will appear in your account area and you can watch at any time.
Supplies for the Embroidery Upcycling
- Up-cycling kit
- Printed design on A4 paper
- Stick & Stitch/Magic paper (if working on dark fabric)
- Embroidery scissors/small scissors
- 1 embroidery needles – class shows a size 3 John James
- An item of clothing to embroider onto (can be jersey or woven)
- A water erasable pen or heat erasable pen to transfer pattern onto fabric (if using light fabric)
- A 6 inch embroidery hoop
- 7 embroidery floss colours
- 2-3m of each colour and 5m of the colour you choose for the flowers.(recommend DMC embroidery Stranded cotton or Anchor floss for quality purposes)
How do online classes work? Simply purchase, click on the link in your ‘My Account’ area and watch! You’ll find the class broken down into easy-to-watch chunks on the class page. Simply start with the first video and follow along. You can watch on any computer, tablet or mobile.
When will I get the pattern? You’ll receive a link to download the pattern immediately after purchase. If you haven’t received it, please check your spam/ junk folder. You can also find your patterns in your ‘My Account’ area.
What if I need help while sewing? Join our Facebook group and ask any and all the questions you have! We have a team of admins who know our patterns and classes inside-out and are here to help at any point throughout your RP experience. This wonderful community is friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to help! You can share photos of your RP sews, enter giveaways, get sales information, and new-release updates.